Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feburary 16th, 2010

Well, I had a few firsts today I thought I'd share. I saw zebras in their natural habitat (oh and did I mention that I've seen monkeys and baboons at the reserve where we have our training? I know this is really random but in this species of monkey (Vervet monkey), the male's have sky blue balls...seriously!). The other first for today was that I took my very first bucket bath. Although the family I'm staying with has a shower, the water tank that feeds the shower is empty till the end of the week. You know, it really wasn't bad at all! I used a five gallon bucket and stood in the middle of the bathtub and yeah, it works. This might not be so bad after all! But to be fair, it was more of a bucket shower than a typical South African bucket bath. Attached is a video of our favorite monkey at the reserve, we called her stumpy. She is missing half of her left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment